What’s the secret hack to simplifying subscription growth?
Yours truly was the guest on the latest episode of the top podcast in the subscription space, Subscriptions: Scaled.
We discussed how most subscription leaders focus their retention efforts on tweaking their product; however, that results in few retention rate improvements.
How subscriptions with a bunch of ‘zombie subscribers’ who aren’t using what they are paying for often results in devastating churn rates when layoffs spark recession fears causing consumers to trim unused subscriptions, and what to do right now to find and address zombie subscribers.
The number one fastest way to improve retention by transforming your period of highest churn into a high retention. Plus, how to increase retention through upsells and cross sells for a compounding shortening CAC Payback Period to scale subscription growth.
And, much more. Check out Subscriptions: Scaled today.
🔧 How I Fix Retention Problems:
Is improving retention a 2023 priority?
These are the types of projects I help subscription leaders implement:
- New Subscriber Retention/trial conversion rate – onboarding new subscribers to reduce churn within the first 30-90 days, which is highest churn period for most subscriptions.
- Long-term retention – creating long-term engagement and annual renewal processes.
- Cash flow forecasts for subscription businesses – often initiated by subscription business investors inviting management to have a conversation with me.
- Accelerating subscriber acquistion – Shorten CAC Payback period by proper measurement and choreographing upgrades, upsells, cross sells.
- Subscription team training – leading to a shared vision of the member experience and business model to deliver it.
If any of these projects resonate with you, hit reply to let me know more about what you’d like to implement within your subscription business.
👀Watch Subscriptions: Scaled here.